How-to build MemoryLifter help
The MemoryLifter help is based on
Microsoft Compiled HTML Help. The format is deprecated but the software
MicroSoft HTML Help Workshop is available as a free download. The format (CHM) is still supported by Windows 7.
Always work on the files located at $/MemoryLifter/Development/CurrentHelp!
Edit the HTML help
- Start Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
- Open the project file (e.g. $/MemoryLifter/Development/CurrentHelp/en/memorylifter.hhp).
Create a new localization
Currently the MemoryLifter help has been localized for german (de), spanish (es), french (fr) and portugese (pt). All localizations are based on the english (en) version.
- Navigate to $/MemoryLifter/Development/CurrentHelp.
- Create a copy of the folder en and rename it according to the new localization (e.g.
it for italian).
- Add the folder to the repository.
- Translate all files contained in $/MemoryLifter/Development/CurrentHelp/<new-language>/html_.
- Translate the index file $/MemoryLifter/Development/CurrentHelp/<new-language>/memorylifter.hhk.
Add a new localization to the application
- Copy the complied help file to $/MemoryLifter/Development/Current/MemoryLifter/Resources/<new-language>/help_<new-language>.chm and add it to the MemoryLifter application project.
- Adapt the resource string HELP_FILEPATH (e.g. Resources\<new-language>\help_<new-language>.chm).